Friday, May 27, 2011

My Old Man is-a-Comin! (Milspouse Friday Fill-In)

I am off work today!
WOOT-WOOT!
And all the kids are in school!
Can I get an AAAMEN?
AMEN!!

So now that I have a moment to myself after a hectic couple months,
I am cleaning out the casa, and taking care of business..

Like the kind of business when you find out your husbands
R&R has been moved up by 2 months.
*YIKES!*

No, I am not shaving my legs yet, ill do that the morning of.
<>

One of the big pre-R&R preparations for me is
The Grocery Shopping!

Now, I don't know about most, but when my Joe is away
my grocery bill goes down about $200.00.
And now that he is a-comin' home I need to do some serious shopping.
I started planning meals. 
Of course all of his favs.  


Then I went shopping.
I bought everything that could survive in the pantry or freezer
until he arrives.


Now Ive still got alittle over a month until he comes home.
But the way I figure it.
If I buy all the frozen stuff now, there will be very little I need to buy when he comes.
So we will have more money to play with during the pay period he is here..

Which will keep me from dipping into savings.
Does that make sense?

Anyways, the end result from my shopping trip


One thing that I did forget is the joys of carrying massive amounts
of groceries up the stairs.



Okay this is a random photo, but I have to share.
I grabbed these for the kids for dinner on TK Days, and when I saw them
the front of the box said," Americas Best Selling Pizza".
And I couldn't help myself and said out loud,
"Yea because its cheap!".
Didn't realize the Mom standing to my left who started giggling at my comment.
(Background: Me+Husband+Poor College Students=Totino's Pizza)

Well now I am off to clean!


***Add on****

1.Do you think civilians, in general, understand the meaning of Memorial Day?
No I do not. I think its just another day for them to BBQ.


2.What are your plans for the Memorial Day Weekend?
I plan to go to the Memorial Ceremony in my community.

3.What skill/talent do you wish you had? submitted by The 3 Turners
Hmm.. A skill... The gift of the Gabb. I wish I had that skill.
4.Which came first: the chicken or the egg? submitted by I Married Into The Army
The chicken... How does an egg survive without a chicken?
And where in the hell did the egg come from?
A CHICKEN! LOL!

5.What is the best thing about your post (base)? The worst? submitted by Randomly, Robyn
The best thing I would have to say is the Spouses. They can be so helpful to each other and supportive.
The worse thing... the spouses.. They can also be mean to each other and hurtful.

This post has been linked to, wife of a sailor.