Sunday, February 20, 2011

These Boots and Letters from Home.


As an FRSA I have access to a lot of resources.
Which can be a good thing and a bad thing.
Good because the information I find, of course I share with families so they can learn,
and through them I can learn too.
Bad because sometimes its so much information, a few good items get over looked.

I'm planning an event soon.
And at this event I am giving away every book, DVD, CD, Teddy Bear,
Daddy doll that I have in my storage.
I'm not a hoarder, I'm a purger.
All of the things past FRSAs of my BN didn't give away for God only knows what reason,
will find a home at this event.

So while going through all of these things, I came across this CD.
These Boots.
Now I have seen this CD before, in fact I have ordered this CD before and given it away
 to other spouses, but I, myself have never listened to it.

Now I am a strong believer in,

 "you cant expect others to drink the Kool-aid if you don't drink it too."

So this past week, instead of bumping my speakers to some Black Eyed Peas
I was listening to Jacey Eckhart, talk about walking tall during a deployment.



She spoke on the many stages families go through in preparation of deployment.
She gave advice about in laws, and managing your expectations,
and with that she talked about communication.

Jacey mentioned something about historians worry that with technology today and how easy it is to send an email, that families will stop writing letters. And that piece of history being lost.
Hmmm, I had never thought of letters to my husband being part of history.

But its true.

Maybe they wont end up in some museum, but, they will be part of my families history.
Ive read letters that my Grandpa wrote my Grandma when he was at war.
So, starting this past week, Ive written my husband a letter almost every day.



Ive written him about our goals and dreams.
Ive asked him questions that I haven't asked him since we were dating in college.

Its going to be neat to see what he writes back with.
*Rule: we cant talk about what we write in letters on the phone, makes it more interesting*

This post has been linked too JaceyEckhart.com
To get your FREE copy of the CD, These Boots please visit: Militaryonesource.com

4 comments:

The Household 6 Diva said...

I was first given that CD a few years ago - I agree - it is a wonderful resource!

We've always written letters when Seth is deployed... in many ways it has made us grow closer in our marriage because there are no distractions to our conversations. Just simple questions, honest thoughts, and heartfelt emotions.

Sarah Chapman said...

Both David and I love to write. Through his last deployment we were courting, and I saved every card and letter. I also printed off every email we wrote to each other...1279 pages! That 3.5" binder sorted by months of the year is very precious to me.

Michelle said...

Brandon and I have always relied more on phone calls than anything. Usually he does send me a card every month, and Ive saved all of those, but to actually converse through snail mail will be new for us. Im excited.

-M-

jacey Eckhart said...

Michelle: Thanks so much for mentioning my CD. Kudos from someone like you matters a lot to me! Keep bloggin'!
Jacey Eckhart