Sunday, September 19, 2010

Baking!

In my days of being a SAHM, I baked all the time. I would literally sit around and think of all the crazy things I could do to a cake to decorate it, and then spend hours trying.
Now, I am a working Mom. 40+ hours a week I am a Family Readiness Support Assistant for an Engineer Battalion, so now I spend hours sitting around thinking the many different ways I can help prepare families for deployment and beyond.... No more baking thoughts, or atleast not as many as I would like.

So recently, I saw a good friend of mine at the commissary waiting to order a cake for his wife’s home coming, and had a grand idea. I told him, “don’t worry about it, I’ll do it!” Besides, we were invited to the party; she is a good friend of mine and this gives me a great excuse to bake!
                                                                     So........


*I rallied the troops*




*I readied my weapons*



*And we baked*
-For hours-




*Some didnt survive the late night battle*

But in the end!



We conquered!
It’s not my best work, but it’s pretty good considering I haven’t used any of my
cake making skills in many moons.


 

No comments: